Ads 468x60px

Pages

Monday, June 25, 2012

Chicken Tacos

Happy Cinco de Mayo! In honor of the day (and the fact that I wasn't  going to wait 2 hours to get into anyone's Mexican restaurant), I decided to make my own bootleg version of chicken tacos. 




The cast. A cooked chicken, sour cream, black beans, peppers, tortillas, tacos, guacamole, shredded lettuce and taco seasoning.


I like using low sodium products. It doesn't matter if the seasoning is namebrand or not. 


Break the chicken up into small pieces. Not too tiny since it's already cooked. Cover it with taco seasoning and brown in a skillet. Once all the meat is coated and tossed, add a splash of water and saute for a bit.


Time to prep! Get your shells ready and fill with chicken.  Not too much because you have alot of ingredients. I like  to use the Stand N' Stuff shells.


Next, add the black beans you heated up in a small pot. Add a little taco seasoning to the beans while they cook. Make sure you drain them before adding to the shell.


Then, add some guacamole and jalapeno peppers.


Once that's done, it's salsa time! 


I didn't show it but add your sour cream. I like to smear mine on the shell instead of drop it on everything else. Top with as much lettuce and cheese as you want.


And now its time to eat!

0 comments:

Post a Comment