Ads 468x60px

Pages

Monday, June 25, 2012

Thin Pork Chops and Yellow Rice

I had some thin pork chops in the fridge and decided to get creative with them. I'm convinced I have some Cuban or Hispanic roots because everything I cook must be colorful and require fresh ingredients. 

I think these pork chops are called scallopini because they are so think but they were just regular ol' porkchops in my eyes. I chopped up some orange, yellow, red and green peppers along with some onions. I lightly seasoned each chop and sauteed in little butter (just a little). 
Diced peppers and onions


Cooking the chops


Once they were almost done, I tossed the peppers and onions in to soften them up


Looks good, huh? Smelled good too.


To give it a little more flavor, I added a little white wine. Excuse the blue tape in the back. I'm painting my kitchen.


Just a little wine to loosen things up.


I used these two to season the chops and peppers. yum!


And here it is when it's all said and done. Yum!


I cooked some wild rice to go with it and plated it up.
When your male companion for the evening walks away from Madden to come in the kitchen and ask what is that that smells so good, you know you've got a winner. :)  I love meals that can be cooked in one pot so this was right up my alley. It was pretty good, just make sure you season those chops really good. I think I should have marinated them overnight before cooking for a much bolder flavor but they were great nonetheless. 

By the time I finished cooking, I didn't even want it any more. Weird right? I ended up making a quick meal with some sausage and leftover penne pasta in the fridge.



Penne pasta, heavy cream, Rogerwood sausage, spinach, bell peppers and a little crushed red pepper. No salt required. :)
And to top it all off, I made a smoothie to accompany my meal. 

Some frozen fruit I had in the freezer and an overly ripe banana
My liquid for the blender
A handful of each fruit, a handful of ice and  a splash of juice




0 comments:

Post a Comment