Ads 468x60px

Pages

Monday, June 25, 2012

Salmon Cakes with Veggies

If you're looking for a low fat but flavorful meal, you should try my salmon cakes with veggies. I normally cook this meal when I have nothing else in the kitchen to cook. It doesn't take long to do either.






For my veggies, I sauteed some corn, squash, zucchini, and onions in olive oil. Yum yum!




Finely dice up a yellow, green, orange and red bell pepper. I  also diced up a red onion instead of a white onion.




If you have fresh salmon, you can grind it up but I prefer the can salmon.




Whip up an egg.




After sorting through your salmon for bones and skin, throw it all into a bowl with the eggs. Season to your liking.




Add your peppers and onions




Mix it all up




Pour in a cup - cup and half of bread crumbs. If you want your cakes crispier, use panko crumbs.




Add some olive oil to the skillet, shape your cakes and brown on each side.




Oh yea, they are going to smell good!




Serve with veggies and enjoy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment